Certified FHA Manual Underwriter (NAMU®-CFMU)
Need Help? Call us today toll-free at 1-800-865-8550 Press 1 for Sales
The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) back in 2014 issued new guidelines for lenders who manually underwrite FHA-backed mortgage loans. The new underwriting requirements are intended to encourage lenders to use what FHA described as a defined set of objective standards and compensating factors to make responsible, risk-based underwriting decisions. The Agency said the new rules should also increase the pool of eligible borrowers. Most FHA-insured loans are approved through automated underwriting systems that score applications using FHA's TOTAL Mortgage Scorecard. However, when a "refer" is issued or when borrowers were not scored because they do not have credit scores, manual underwriting will allow the use of compensating factors to help borrowers qualify for loans outside of automated standards -- placing a greater emphasis on the need to learn how to manual underwrite FHA files.
In response to these new guidelines, NAMU® offers a comprehensive "professional development" training & certification program entitled: Certified FHA Manual Underwriter (NAMU®-CFMU), which includes (4) Mortgage Underwriting webinars.
INCLUDES (4) TRAINING WEBINARS BELOW:
- Due Diligence - "Learn Manual Underwriting"
- Case File Underwriting Review - "FHA/VA Loans"
- FHA/VA Underwriting - "For Underwriters"
- Multi-Family Underwriting & Processing - "FHA/VA Loans"
NAMU®-CFMU® CERTIFICATION DETAILS:
- (4) Mortgage Underwriting Webinars
- 2-3 Weeks to Initially Complete
- 1-Year Unlimited 24/7 Access
- Includes: Certified FHA Manual Underwriter (NAMU®-CFMU)
- Instructor-Led Recorded Webinars – Watch 24/7 On-Demand
- All Course Materials Downloaded as PDF Files
- Course Provider: CampusMortgage® (Our Training Division)
- Source Links Included – Get Further Clarity & Updates
- Ongoing “Concierge” Customer Support for 1 Year
- Group Discounts Also Available
- Download Course Catalog >>
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS…
- HOW IT WORKS: As soon as you enroll, we will email you the links/passwords to the Instructor-Led Online Webinars & Course Materials, so you can start taking the training IMMEDIATELY.
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Aspiring mortgage underwriters wishing to learn FHA manual underwriting, from A to Z. Whether you're unemployed and looking to enter the mortgage underwriting profession, or you're currently working at a bank or lender as an underwriter, this FHA manual underwriting certification program will provide the skills you need to succeed as an effective FHA manual underwriter. Also ideal for underwriting managers looking to train their existing staff on proven FHA manual underwriting principles.
- ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR: Each CampusMortgage® instructor has an average of 15+ years of prior mortgage related experience. Each instructor also draws from a different knowledge base that may include such areas as: mortgage underwriting, loan processing, FHA, VA, Conventional loans, Commercial lending, USDA Rural Housing Loans and more.
- EXAM FORMAT: The exam is a timed 1-hour open-book online "proctored" (via WebCam) 30-question exam (multiple choice/true & false). You must get 75% or higher to pass exam. NOTE: You may also re-take the exam up to 3 times with a 2-week "cooling off" period in between each failed exam. If you fail the NAMU®-CFMU exam three times, you must wait 1 year before you can re-register for the NAMU®-CFMU certification -- the 1-year waiting period will start from the date of the third failed exam.
- GRADUATION: You’ll receive the Certified FHA Manual Underwriter (NAMU®-CFMU) certification after you’ve: 1) completed all (4) training classes and 2) passed a 30-question online “proctored” exam.
- DISCLAIMER: We are not owned, operated or affiliated with HUD, FHA, VA, State Government or Federal Government in any way. NAMU® certification is not a local, State or Federal Government issued certification.
Need Help? Call us today toll-free at 1-800-865-8550 Press 1